Sunday, July 3, 2011

The Apartment and Car!

  Well time is flying by I only have 45 days til I leave to South Africa to start my internship! Im really excited, we've gotten a lot done but still have lots more that we need to do.  Most recently we reserved our car and apartment. I'll be posting pictures of both of them at the end of this post. I'm still figuring out how to do this whole blog thing.

As you may notice there is now a "donate" tab at the top of the blog.  Even though I received $1000 from Dean Yells and his department, I am still short of my fund-raising goal.  Which is where all of you can come in!  I know with the economy and everything going on times are tough but any amount will help, and I really mean any amount. I know that won't be possible for most of you and thats ok!

Well now onto the new stuff!!!
We have reserved a car while we are there it is a Volkswagon Chico for all those who have been to or lived in SA you've seen these cars everywhere! But for everyone else here is what it looks like:

  

Ya I know its gonna be awesome!

And now onto our apartment.  We will actually be living in a hotel! Which I think is pretty cool. It not a super nice hotel in the ad it was described as boutiquey ha! But it still seems very nice! Its right behind the local grocery store/mall and 450m from the beach or a little more than a 1/4 mile or approx. 6 min walking (according to Google maps) If you wanna see for yourself the address is 3 Holmfirth Rd., Sea Point, Cape Town, Western Cape, South Africa.






That's the outside! Now for the inside!




So ya thats what everything looks like so far! Thanks for all your support and help everyone! 
My next post will probably be just before I leave or after I arrive in Johannesburg on August 20!
Cheers!

3 comments:

  1. Brandon this is so freakin sweet! I am so excited for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great diggs Brandon! I see you have a dishwasher, that will come in handy. Enjoy your time there, what a great experience :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Grandpa and I are excited for you. Hope we get to see you before you leave. We love you.

    ReplyDelete